Monday, June 23, 2003




Last night I dreamt that I was on my way to work in a small office (obviously a nightmare) and above the rooftops I could see several Greek Gods towering against the sky. Particularly disturbing was Mercury, the winged messenger, who appeared to be glowering at me as I shuffled along pretending not to have noticed. Once behind my cramped writing desk (God knows what I was doing...some sort of accounts by the looks of the things) I noticed through the arched attic windows that Mercury had gone somewhere. A horrible sensation of dread started to fill my bones because I figured he was now waiting for me at the end of the street.
I've no idea what the dream actually meant but when my brain starts rebelling against my better judgement like this I know that it's time for a sabbatical. So, apologies once again for my disappearance from this board for the foreseeable future, but I figure the constant sight of JK Catch-me-if-you-can Rowling (Britain's latest answer to the defunct Princess Di) on the television rabitting on about how she's made forty-eight million on her latest book in the last two days, has broken my faith in human nature and caused my cerebellum to rupture.
I will return as soon as Skunk hits the shops or when Hell freezes over...whichever suits me best.