Friday, September 27, 2002

As Sedgers reminded me, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I was away for a week attending the Mudpie Golf Invitational. What a great event! Guy Gilchrist put on a spectacular day of golf and celebration, all for the purpose of raising money for the Scleroderma Foundation. There was an auction of original cartoon art autographed by the artists. A rep from King Features was there and got just about every syndicated cartoonist imaginable to donate a piece of their cartoon originals. Very cool. I met a lot of cartoonists and illustrators, people who actually make a good living doing it. I felt like a peasant hanging around with royalty!

Speaking of golf, the TV in my office is on and the Ryder Cup is airing. Looks like all of our great American golfers have travelled to some country somewhere else to compete with the funny-speaking golfers there. As an American, I can't really be bothered to pay attention to just where this event is happening. It's one of those other 3 or 4 countries that exist in the world. It seems they wear bright red sweaters. Tiger will eat them all alive.


Editor's note: To be honest I thought the Ryder Cup involved yachts or something.