Friday, November 01, 2002




NOT A DOVER SOLE IN SIGHT



Freddie the Flounder was last night languishing in the Portsmouth refugee aquarium after having illegally “rained” on John Rees’ garden.
“It wasn’t my fault,” said Freddie as he lay disguised and in misery at the bottom of his spacious tank. “One minute I was jostling for space in a cloud a fish bound for Bruges and suddenly a gale blew up out of nowhere and knocked us off course. When we hit the English coast it was raining so hard I got washed overboard.”
When asked what he was doing flying to Bruges he replied, “I was taking part in a charity stunt in aid of Charles Fort Day. I was doing the Flounders for Flanders Formation Fish Raining event but it all went horribly wrong. I expect most of my team mates are sharing plate space with chips and mushy peas by now.”
When asked if he expected to be grilled by an official of from the immigration department Freddie replied, “that’s not funny you cruel bastard!”