Saturday, November 29, 2003

Be afraid, be very afraid!

It is a quiet Saturday night downunder. It's 10 p.m. and it's still hot. The first big bushfires of the season are up and running. The wombats are all tucked up in bed with smiles on their faces. I read them a nice bed-time story. The one about Goldilocks and the 3 incredibly well hung bears.

I've nearly finished the slab of Fosters. Before I pour myself into bed I thought I should have a look at a site or six. Below are some snippets from some of the finest American blogs it's been my pleasure to try to comprehend.

Sarge's Stars & Stripes Bulletin

A Blog for Americans.........Respecting God, Country and our President! Items of interest for American Citizens and the Servicemembers of the United States Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.

They, who have protected us in the past, protect us in the present and will protect us in the future, under God; we owe our FREEDOM and our THANKS! Now, have a cup a' joe and stay awhile. Ya' know I ain't always Right; but I'm never Left!

Hey you! Don't be a pinko commie! Support Capitalism, and support this website. Keep praying to Allah, boys. In a few years we'll be sending the Terminator after your ass.

One day the world will realize that the threat from Islamofascists has nothing to do with American foreign policy, or oil, or any other damn thing. These are people who have declared war on the west, and it is a war that the west simply must win.

Unfortunately I think that it is going to take another massive terrorist attack before some begin to acknowledge this indisputable fact.

IF THE DRAFT WILL LET ME SERVE AGAIN, THEN I'M FOR IT!

Moments like this one reminds me of the President we all got to know right after 9/11, the man some of us already knew as Governor of Texas, a standup guy with his heart in the right place and a keen sense of what's right and what's wrong and humility and gratitude towards those who man the wall throughout the long, dark night, keeping us all safe inside.

THAT'S the Bush that fills me with pride, THAT'S the Bush that I have faith in and THAT'S the Bush that I'd go through Hell and high water for.

Right We Are! - a conservative, pro-US, Republican blog by two chicks on the Right side!

OK, I really dislike this asshat [Al Franken] and he may very well try to run for the senate. Well, I must admit I would much rather these celebs who are on the left put their money where their mouth is and run for office instead of just using their celebrity to run at the mouth and write books when that is not their job. In the past, it only seemed like Republican celebs actually got the balls to run and be a politician. Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Fred Thompson, Arnold and so on.

These "movie stars" [Susan Sarandon and Martin Sheen] flap their lips but never actually step up to the plate and "DO" anything. The "Terminator" is temporarily giving up his movie career and getting into office! He's not just at some movie premier flapping his lips.

I hate this woman [Barbra Streisand] more and more each day. What else is new in her little rich bitch world besides more pissing and moaning? Frankly I'm surprised she has not gotten together with the pile of poo Michael Moore to make more movies with lies.