Sunday, November 23, 2003

TOP BOLLOCKS AND A LOAD OF OLD COBBLERS

I thought I would be speculating on how long it took Bleugghh to claim England's Rugby World Cup victory for his own but it seems that Joke Chirac has already beaten him to it.
He has claimed England's triumph as a victory for Europe.
A victory for Europe?
I think not, especially since Johnson's lads despatched the French national team in classic style.
When that twenty-seconds-to-spare drop kick flew off Jonny Wilkinson's boot he wasn't thinking of a European victory or giving advantage to any screw-yer-arse politican. He triumphed for his team; for the English fans; for England. So cobblers to you Wanker Chirac!!!
Never before have I watched such a nail biting match. I applauded Tuqiri's first try for Australia because it was so audacious. I applauded even harder when Jason Robinson scored his own try. And Wilkinson's foot continued to send the ball sailing between the uprights giving England a 5-17 lead at half time. Then all through the second half I was biting my nails, willing Elton Flatley to miss the penalties handed to him by the seemingly endless mistakes of the English side. The Wallabies pressed hard and I marvelled at their skill and tenacity (between the cussing) as they exploited every single mistake. By this time my nails were nibbled to the quick. And when the ref gave a penalty to the Aussies in the closing moments of the match, which allowed them to equalise, I was beside myself, groaning with the agony of it.
Both teams played brilliantly; England in the first half and Australia in the second half. But someone had to lose and I am overjoyed that this time it wasn't us.
The result more than made up for the shame brought upon us by our serially shite English cricket team. And Jonny Wilkinson outshone the serially thuggish, over paid and overrated football brat, Wayne Rooney, in both coolness of talent and decent behaviour on the pitch. They call football "the beautiful game"??? Kiss my ring!!! It's rugby all the way for me; a game played by real blokes rather than nancies in alice bands. Besides, Rugby players fill their strips far better than football players ever could and the raw energy they exude on pitch leaves this girl in a real lather. Gimme beefcake Johnson (and that Tuquiri's a bit of all right too) over weedy Beckham any day!!!
My congratulations to the English side for their stunning win and my commiserations to Sedgers for an equally stunning loss.