Tuesday, March 25, 2003

MICHAEL MOORE'S OSCAR ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

"Whoa. On behalf of our producers Kathleen Glynn and Michael Donovan from Canada, I'd like to thank the Academy for this. I have invited my fellow documentary nominees on the stage with us, and we would like to — they're here in solidarity with me because we like nonfiction. We like nonfiction and we live in fictitious times. We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president. We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. Whether it's the fictition of duct tape or fictition of orange alerts we are against this war, Mr. Bush. Shame on you, Mr. Bush, shame on you. And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up. Thank you very much."

Delivered to the resounding boos and jeers from the many in the audience who had learnt their lines well. I want names, I want addresses, I want to boycott their films.

ADF asks media not to show images of POWs

"The Defence Force (ADF) has asked Australian media organisations to obscure the faces of allied and Iraqi prisoners of war (POWs).

An ADF spokesman says under the Geneva Convention, all POWs must be protected against acts including intimidation and public curiosity.

Defence has asked for any images of prisoners of war to be "pixilated" to protect their identity."


Pixelation is not good enough! I demand that the Court Artists employed by newspapers to do sketches of the accused be given this task. Nobody would be able to recognise any prisoners from those "portraits".

I do notice that, despite their crocodile tears, (and the croc clock is ticking Smee) the Amerkins still continue to parade and humiliate the Brits they have captured.