Thursday, March 27, 2003

Suppose this happened to you.

(or "Chicken Little's Guide to Making a Fast Buck out of America's Fear and Paranoia".)


"It was a beautiful fall day, crisp and clear. My wife and I decided to take the kids to the park for a picnic before winter really kicked in. We all piled into the SUV, Linda, the boys and me and headed up the road. I flipped on the radio and was listening to the latest ballgame scores when a special bulletin came on. The recent onset of what was thought to be a flu epidemic was in fact, the result of biological attacks in cities all across the country. No one was exactly sure what it was, but they were mentioning anthrax and small pox. Tens of thousands, no, hundreds of thousands, were sick and the numbers were growing. The hospitals were overloaded and were telling people to just go home and stay there, not to go outside. The risk of infection was too great, and panic had started. My youngest started crying and my wife looked at me with an expression in her eyes I never wanted to see again. I made a u-turn and headed home. We all went inside, closed and locked the doors and windows and sat, glued to the television. CNN was reporting multiples of thousands of deaths from San Francisco to New Orleans to Boston. It seemed nowhere was safe. The president came on television and stated that he had declared Marshall Law and invoked a curfew. No one was allowed to leave home, for any reason and that it was for our own protection.

As the days went by, there were reports of looting and riots. National Guard troops had been assigned to patrol the streets and take away the dead. What was once an active suburban street filled with laughing kids was now empty and barren, like a ghost town. As bad as it seemed outside, inside was worse. We were running out of food, the power kept flickering on and off and the kids kept asking me when it was going to be over. I didn't know what to tell them. I didn't have any answers.

My youngest boy is now sick. I can't take him to the hospital. They aren't allowing anyone on the streets. I don't know what to do for him. I'm scared. There must have been something I could have done to have prevented this, isn't there....

Just a few short months ago, a story like the above would have seemed impossible and like nothing more than a scare tactic. But now, you cannot turn on the TV or radio, or pick up a newspaper without being confronted with the truth.



America is under biological attack and even the government is saying that this is only the beginning.

We are now facing a monumental threat that most of us have never even envisioned, much less prepared for. But it is crucial for you and your families well-being that you take the time, now, while you still can, to learn how to protect yourself from what is a very real threat to your life and the lives of those you love."


Now in its pre-release, the book, "BioTerrorism Information, How You Can Survive an Attack", is now available for purchase in three user-friendly (?!) formats.

With your purchase, You will also receive lifetime (that's a vote of confidence in the efficacy of this product, how could you not purchase?) updates by email for FREE.